The Mediterranean diet, one of the most popular diets around the world, is based on the consumption of olive oil as the main source of fat. Over the last 50 years, surveys carried out in parts of the Mediterranean, including Crete and southern Italy, have shown that the Mediterranean diet is responsible for the livelihood of the inhabitants and the absence of diseases such as cardiovascular and digestive diseases.
The Mediterranean Diet, rich in fiber, is based on eating healthy foods for the body, the plant foods. Vegetables, pasta, rice, pulses and fruits are its main ingredients, while the food of animal origin is consumed in small quantities.
Olive oil, especially raw, is used in salads and always at the end of cooking. Finally, in this model of diet, it is common to consume small quantities of red wine during meals.
Healthy and delicious
• Olive oil is very healthy, can be used in all foods, and is recommended as a highly digestible oil.
• Does not thicken more than other oils because it has exactly the same number of calories (9 cal / gr).
• If it is added at the end of cooking, it retains all its properties indelible, and when used raw it reveals all its delicacy.
• It gives other flavors to salads and vegetables and helps in preparing vinaigrette-type sauces.
It is ideal for frying as it withstands high temperatures without any alteration to its composition.
• Finally, olive oil is also used as a food preserver (e.g. cheese, vegetables, fish).
Biological & Other Properties
• It gives to the body the same number of calories as 9.3 per gram
• It is with sesame oil the only vegetable oils that can be consumed immediately after they are received without having to undergo any treatment
• From the first moment of pressing the olives, olive oil retains its ingredients as tasteful and aromatic as in the beginning
• It is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids: 60-80% oleic acid
• Has a very low content of saturated fatty acids ~ 14%
• It has ~ 10% linoleic acid
• Contains about 10% of the required daily amount of vitamin E in each tablespoon
• It has a high content of natural antioxidants and nutrients (e.g. polyphenols, flavonoids, carotenes etc.)
• It has a high content of squalene that actively regulates metabolism
• Does not contain water, proteins, gluten carbohydrates, salt or other preservative
It is divided by the body by 98%, while the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins plays an important role
• It has been shown that only the fat of breast milk is assimilated to a higher proportion of olive oil
• It is best suited to the human body, while its fatty acid composition and the presence of chlorophyll helps digestive tract function, stimulates the enzyme pancreatic lipase, facilitates the secretion of bile and promotes the metabolism of endogenous cholesterol.
Certificate DIO ISO 22000:2005
Our company has received the certificate from the Organization for Safe Treatment of Food and complies with the regulations for bottling, standardization, storage and trade of olive oil.